Magic can be tricky, and there are some things that can make your spells ineffective. Take note of the following list when planning your magical workings.
- Energy Failure: If energy is not raised properly or is not allowed to reach it’s peak, it is likely your spell will not manifest. Practice different forms of energy raising techniques, such as chanting, dancing or burning parchment with a written intention to discover which works best for you.
- Doubt: If you do not believe in what you’re doing and you really don’t think it will work, then chances are it will not.
- Unclear Intention: Know exactly what you want. Be specific. If you are indecisive or unclear, nothing will manifest for you. If you are not specific enough, you may get what you want, but with unpleasant strings attached.
- Don’t Talk About It: Telling your friends or posting on social media about the spell you cast last night is a sure way of bringing that energy back to you and disabling your spell. Remain silent about your spellcasting. Skeptical friends or outsiders who have negative opinions about spells and magic can bring their harmful energy into the process. Your best bet is to be silent about your magical workings until they have manifested into physical reality.
- Weak Will: If your will is not strong enough or if you’re really not sure it is what you want, this can also sabotage your spell. Be commanding and know that it is yours.
- Lack of Follow-Up: If you cast a job spell but you don’t submit any resumes or go on interviews, you can’t expect to get that job. Follow up is important.
- Scattered Correspondences: If the symbols and energies you use in your spell do not have any association to the outcome, there is a good chance your spell will not manifest. Like attracts like.
- Mercury Retrograde: It is a matter of debate whether or not it is a good idea to do spellwork while Mercury is in retrograde. A good rule of thumb is, if it bothers you, then don’t do it. If you feel confident enough to cast your spell, and it cannot wait until Mercury goes direct, then cast it. Some practitioners include in their spell “I neutralize the power of Mercury in Retrograde“.
- Lack of Full Attention: If you are distracted or in a hurry while casting your spell, then it is not likely to have the effects you want. Wait until you can be undisturbed and give the spell all of your attention and focus.
- Violation of Free Will: This is a rather grey area, as these kinds of spells do work, but with repercussions. Magic that is used to control others or make them do something they would not otherwise do is a dangerous practice. The power of suggestion is real, however, the only way another person can use magic to violate another’s free will is if there is already a weakness or foothold in the area of suggestion. It is very important that those who work with magic constantly examine themselves, We must discipline our minds and work to take control of our fears, anxieties and passions. It is not an easy task.
- Moon Phases and Planetary Energies: These can work against you if your spell is cast during unfavorable times. Be aware of current moon phases and planetary hours to get more power behind your spells.
- True Will and the Plan of the Universe: There are times when we may cast a spell that is not for our highest good, and does not fit within the plan of the universe. There may in fact be something even better for us on the horizon, and a particular spell may not be aligned with our true will. It is important to include in our spells an intention of “for the highest good” and an outcome that is “perfect and correct”. It is equally important to focus on the outcome of your spell and not on how it manifests.
The casting of spells is an art and a science. There are many factors that come into play. This is not an exhaustive list of things that can wreck your spell, but they are some important ones. Plan your spells carefully.